Monday, August 2, 2010

Movies and Famous People


I promised that my next post would talk about our surprise at Pont Neuf.   As we were walking home, we had to go around a large crane.  Before walking under the crane, I looked up to see if it was safe to walk under whatever it was hoisting.  What I saw was a platform full of movie lights.  I was curious, so we decided to investigate.  


What we found was the movie, Night in Paris, filming on location.  It is being directed by Woody Allen, and it stars Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams, who were all on set.  What I don't understand is that all the press on the movie appear to show it as being set in the present, but the set and costumes indicated about 1930.    Maybe the time frame of the movie spans back to the early 20th century somehow.  Here's a picture of the set below.  I didn't get any good pictures of the stars because I didn't have a telephoto lens.


On location filming Woody Allen's new movie A Night in Paris.
That was Saturday night.  Then on Sunday afternoon, while walking around in Saint Germaine again, we came upon something else being filmed.  We don't know if it was for a movie, TV show or commercial.  It was a camera car set up to follow an exotic car that I don't recognize.


Camera car with boom rig set to follow exotic car through streets of St. Germaine.

Close-up of exotic car getting ready to be filmed.
In addition to accidentally coming upon these two filmings, we walked by James Carville having coffee in a sidewalk cafe and Roxana saw Mary Kate and Ashley walking down the street, all in St. Germaine.