Thursday, August 5, 2010

Paris Subway

I decided to head to the Catacombs to make some pictures of bones.  It is not too far by subway, requiring only one transfer.  I have to compliment Paris on their subways.  They are relatively clean, safe, modern and provide great coverage of the metropolitan area.  But what I like most is their efficiency.  Their cars seem to move along at about twice the speed compared to New York's.



The above photo is of one of the older cars, but you can see how light, bright and clean the station is.


Unfortunately, when I got to the Catacombs, there was a line of about 200 people.  The problem is that they only let about 200 people in every day.  Even if I could get in, it looked like I would be there waiting in line for several hours.  If I wanted to spend hours waiting in a line, I could just go to Paris Disneyland.  So I promptly got back on the subway and came home.  I'll have to find a way to see the Catacombs on another day.